Providing all your two-way communications needs for over 25 years.


Bob’s Electronics provides affordable assistance for commercial two-way radio licenses with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Licensing is a time-consuming process, which is why we are here to help you maintain a current and accurate radio license. We have listed a few of the applications below.



Our Fees
601 Main Form
Form 601 is used to apply for an authorization to operate radio stations, amend pending applications, modify existing licenses and perform a variety of other miscellaneous transactions in the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau.
License Renewals
Applications can be made up to 90 days prior to your license's expiration date. There is NO grace period after the expiration date. Your FCC renewal license will be valid for 10 years.
Special Temporary Authority
The FCC grants (STA) to permit temporary operation of certain private radio facilities during special circumstances.
Administrative Updates
Changes limited to the following: License name (without a change in ownership), Entity name (without a change in ownership, control or corporate structure), Mailing address, Telephone number, Fax number, Contact information and Control Point information.
FRN Registration
The FCC Form 606 is used for registering a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Universal Licensing System (ULS), which is an Employer IdentificationNumber (EIN) for a business or a Social Security Number (SSN) for an individual.
FCC Construction/Coverage Deadline & ULS Automated Termination

To confirm your compliance with the construction/coverage requirements, you must file FCC Form 601 Main Form & Schedule K, with the Commission no later than 15 days from the applicable build out deadline. Refer to 47 C.F.R. Section 1.946 of the FCC Rules & Regulations. If a licensee fails to follow through on notification, the FCC will automatically terminate the license or frequency(s) involved. (More information is available at this link.)


Note about Fees—The preparation fees listed above do not include fees charged by the FCC or by a frequency coordinator. The fee schedule is effective January 1, 2012. (All fees subject to change without notice). Please contact us at 402-659-1151 for more information on your licensing requirements.

Our procedure for license renewals:
The most popular licensing service we provide is assistance with license renewals. The following steps present the procedure we use to help our customers with renewing their licenses.

1) Customer reads the License Renewal Form.

2) Customer completes the one-page License Data Sheet. (This sheet will provide Bob's Electronics with the necessary information to complete the licensing process.)

3) Customer mails the following items to Bob's Electronics:
a) License Data Sheet (completed)
b) Copy of Radio Station License
c) Check or money order for the $50 preparation fee (Payable to Bob's Electronics)

4) Bob's Electronics completes the application process and mails a remittance Form 159 back to the customer for required signatures.

5) Customer mails the signed Form 159 and the FCC fee to the Federal Communications Commission.

<< || >>
2006 Bob's Electronics
Last updated November 3, 2012
Home ProductsLicensingAmateur InfoAbout UsContact Us